From Karen Rowan via the MoreTPRS Yahoo! Group:
I'm working with a fabulous expert-type woman to do interesting, creative things
that will ultimately support the school in Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica that I'm
trying to create a donated income stream for.
Here's how it works.
1. Write a book really, really fast
2. Publish it as an E-book and make it free for 24 Hours
3. Ask my 2000 closest friends to download it in those 24 Hours and write a
quick 5 star review.
4. Sell it for .99 cents and donate 100% of the royalties to the school.
Step 3 puts it on Amazon's book list, and is more likely to be downloaded in
Step 4 more.
The most urgent project at the school I have been donating books to for 3 years
is that one of the walls was damaged in the recent earthquake and is crumbling.
The next earthquake has the potential to crush my precious little readers.
So. I wrote the book. It's an itty-bitty book that should really be called,
"Isabela Light." (Real title, "El secreto de Isabela." It's a portion of the
Isabela story that is super-sheltered for brand new language learners. It has 47
total distinct words, and 18 of them are cognates. The total length is 223
words. You could use it with elementary students or with adults right away.
I can only make it free once, so I'm hoping the timing will be such that
students could even download for summer reading. You can share the link with
anyone.
It's Midnight Pacific time Sunday (Monday 12:01am) and lasts for a world-wide 24
hours. So when it's midnight Monday in the last possible place on the planet,
it ends. Amazon is freaky that way.
Here's the link. I'll post again Sunday night begging for your assistance in
downloading and sharing. I really hope that this will be something you can log
into and use in your classroom's, too. Also... if you've always wanted to learn
Spanish OR if you're looking for materials for a super-short adult class, this
would probably work for you.
http://www.amazon.com/secreto-Isabela-aventuras-Spanish-ebook/dp/B00D8RX2SO/ref=\
sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370627725&sr=1-1&keywords=el+secreto+de+isabela
¡Gracias!
Karen Rowan
www.fluencyfast.com
P.S. If you want to see pictures of the school, they're on the Fluency Fast
Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/FluencyFast?fref=ts
Welcome to my classroom site with my plans, ideas, materials and more! As I prepare for my first year of teaching, I am developing my curriculum and materials for my Flipped TPRS classroom with Genius Hour/20 Time. I'm happy to share my work with others and am always eager to hear your thoughts and suggestions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment