Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A classroom like none other

Sometimes I have to smile to myself wondering about my students' reaction this fall when the walk into my classroom.  It's going to be like nothing they've ever experienced before.  And, I'm glad it's my own and I have a lot of freedom with a supportive administration because I'm sure it'd give many teachers a heart attack.  Who in their right mind would have a Flipped TPRS classroom with Genius Hour?


  • Though it's a language class, we will not focus on grammar.
  • We will be telling and acting out stories in a chaotic manner.
  • My class decorations include many toys and costumes you'd expect in a child's bedroom.
  • Students will learn the most important material at home, and then come to school to talk and interact.
  • Then, once a week, they get free reign to learn about whatever they want to.


Maybe I've gone off the deep end.  But doesn't it take just a little bit of crazy for progress and innovation to occur?

No comments:

Post a Comment