Friday, July 11, 2014

It's been a while....

Ok, I have a confession to make.  You might have noticed I've been AWOL for the last year.  Guess what?  The first year teaching is TOUGH (I'm sure that's no surprise to anyone that's already been through that).  Not to mention coaching XC for the first time, being asked to do the yearbook just before Christmas break, and a whole slew of LIFE.  At the risk of sounding unprofessional, I frankly got my butt kicked. But, I survived.  And I learned SO much. Now that the school year is over and my summer classes are coming to a close (adding another endorsement), I really should let everyone know what I've been up to.  However, I've been putting it off - do I really have anything worth sharing?  I came into this year with guns blazing hot from grad school feeling like I would change the world.  As it turns out, what changed the most this year is me.

However, as much as I realized I have to learn, there are things that I've learned that might be of value to others.  Somehow, without a single tweet in the last year, people are still finding my blog and tweeting about it.  Thank you :)  So, I guess I'd better stop procrastinating and let you all know how all my ideas worked out.  It's going to take a number of posts, but here they come.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear how our interactive student notebooks went. Good to hear you are back and all is well. Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wrote a post on this subject for you :) http://profabarostprs.blogspot.com/2014/07/interactive-notebooks-revisited.html

      Delete