Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chapter Glossaries

Many of the novellas from Blaine Ray and TPRS publishing have glossaries in the back.  One interesting feature of these glossaries is that they are often arranged by chapter, enableing teachers and students to review any "new" words before reading the chapters.  Unfortunately, the Pobre Ana does not come with glossaries arranged by chapter - so I'm going to make my own!  Before reading each story, I'll hand out a packet with the chapter glossaries for the entire book, and we can review each chapter's "new words" before reading each time.  I plan to put "fair game" words that may show up in context on future assessments - such as the common "little" words like "todos" (all/everyone) and "cada" (each) - in bold, so students can focus on these first.  This works especially well for me since I can draw attention to the most important words as well as work around structures students should already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment