Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Flipped Classroom: Week 1 Student Resources

I'm working on my curriculum and putting it together nicely for myself and others to use!  I've decided to use my Weebly site for organization.  I'm still working on getting together lesson plans, but I do have a nice webpage completed that students will refer to in order to prepare themselves for class in the "flipped classroom" model.  Essentially, I've given students a preview of what we will be learning the next day, including the vocabulary, the topics we will discuss, and the objectives and activities that will be completed in-class.  I intend to count these activities as part of the "citizenship" objective in my class have most of these activities submitted via EdModo, where I (or Edmodo) can quickly assign and keep track of grades.

Now that I'm actually developing resources and plans and am able to visualize more concrete details, I'm even more excited about flipping my classroom.  This gives me a whole new level of integrating technology into my classroom and opening up opportunities for learning.  In addition, by using various resources, they are able to come to class prepared to contribute, facilitating a classroom where I can be a guide on the side and allow them to share and elaborate on what they already know from resources they can get on their own.  I also feel that this will help students develop the research and other skills necessary to succeed in the future, with particular attention to success in an technology-driven world.

No comments:

Post a Comment