Look! I can Talk! (LICT) Series - Blaine Ray
This story series matches the phrases used in Blaine Ray's "NEW Mini-stories for Look, I Can Talk!" Extended Reading and Exercises for Look, I Can Talk! for Spanish 1. While there is a teachers guide intended to be used with this book, these particular structures and corresponding stories are pulled directly from the extended reading so that the stories and reading would support one another more closely. Occasionally, it seemed that more than one story would be necessary to cover the important new phrases used in the extended reading.
While I've decided to start fresh now that I have a new list of structures that I like better, you can still find my initial attempt and creating stories for the LICT series here.
Novels
For a while, I thought I would pull my structures directly from novels, teach them for a quarter, and then finish the quarter reading the novel. However, I found that there wasn't enough
We will be doing a novel-based curriculum, so I plan to pull my structures from the novels we are reading. I ordered all of Blaine Ray's middle school and Spanish 1 novels ordered, so I'm currently reading them and pulling out structures as well as culture topics to discuss. Upon receiving my order, I've tentatively decided to center my curriculum around the Pobre Ana series and use the other novels as part of my class library (I discussed this in this post). Click below for my stories and ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment