Most urgently, I need to focus on my Latino Culture class. I need to figure out the details of our schedule, what resources we'll need, assessment, and coordinate with guests. I also need to solidify my ideas about Genius Hour now that it's approved!
On a related note, I was invited to post about my experiences implementing genius hour on 20TimeinEducation.com, so I definitely want to be organized and make sure I keep everyone updated on our progress!
For my class this fall, I need to:
- adjust my curriculum to reflect our Genius Hour time and 20 Time projects.
- double check that my structures are reflected by the embedded readings that Blaine just sent me for the LICT stories. If they don't, I'll probably either need to edit the stories or my structures.
- write PQA questions for my structures.
- write skeleton stories using my structures.
- set up my "flipped classroom" pages that students can use to prepare for class and study from.
- write basic lesson plans.
- create resources including:
- Culture resources (going to be created with the help of my summer class)
- Inklewriter stories
- Fine-tuning embedded readings, including how I'm going to use them and making sure the ones students prepare with are easy enough in both content and supportive materials (i.e. glossary)
- Videos (I really want to use the animation program I bought last fall to go with storytelling!)
- QR codes for students to listen to as they read along
- embedded readings for novels?? (maybe someday...)
Whew! I'm so glad I'll have plenty of free time this summer to get my class ready. This is going to be one awesome year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment