Props really enhance storytelling as students enjoy playing with the toys and costumes and are inspired to add new details. My cooperating teacher had a wonderful supply of props and accessories, and I'm excited to start gathering my own! I called my mom and asked her if my 300-item Beanie Baby collection had ever gotten donated. By some miracle, it's stayed in my old bedroom for the last 5 years, so it'll be my jump-start animal collection for stories! Gotta love Beanie Babies :) I also stopped by Deseret Industries and picked up these lovely fellows:
They'll make excellent story-telling characters/props since the words are easy cognates that students remember (mono, girafa, y hipopótamo) and they have a lot of character. The hippo sits up on his own, but looks grumpy/sad all the time. The giraffe is happy, and those horns are perfect handles for riding him somewhere. And the monkey is simply cute, pink, and funny-looking with really long arms and legs that even have velcro on them so we can make him hang on to things. When I mentioned I was getting these for my class, the cashier asked what grade I taught. She wasn't expecting my answer: middle and high school! I love my job :D
Welcome to my classroom site with my plans, ideas, materials and more! As I prepare for my first year of teaching, I am developing my curriculum and materials for my Flipped TPRS classroom with Genius Hour/20 Time. I'm happy to share my work with others and am always eager to hear your thoughts and suggestions!

No comments:
Post a Comment