This last weekend, I took a trip down to Logan, Utah, for an interview. Through networking on the MoreTPRS Listserve, I had connected with one of the teachers at Somerset Academy of Las Vegas, Sky Pointe Campus and there was a position for a secondary Spanish teacher. I never even dreamed of Las Vegas being in the plans for us, but it was too great of an opportunity to pass up. I planned to meet the principal for an interview at the job fair in Logan that she was attending, and my husband and I discussed this position and possible move constantly over the next week or two. By the time I showed up, I was almost positive this was the position for me. The interview confirmed my feelings - and ended in an offer!
So, I'm excited to announce that I will have my own classroom full of students this fall in Las Vegas. This will be quite the transition for us and a brand new start and adventure! Plus, now I get to focus my planning and materials on a REAL curriculum that I'll be using in my very own classroom!
Since we want to move toward being more novel-based, I ordered the entire set of Level 1 readers from Blaine Ray's website, including those for middle-school students. They shipped Friday, so I should be getting them soon! The plan is to read all of them and pick which ones I want to center my curriculum around and order class sets. I plan to take 1-2 months on each novel, connecting my storytelling, culture, discussion, and reading all together. I'm going to pull my storytelling structures from the novels, so I'll be working on those stories once I figure out which novels I want to use. For now, I'll be putting my LICT stories on hold, though I may continue them if I have time and motivation haha. Instead, I'll post my stories for the novels and am hoping to start creating the materials (both physical and digital) I want to go with them!
Here we go!
Welcome to my classroom site with my plans, ideas, materials and more! As I prepare for my first year of teaching, I am developing my curriculum and materials for my Flipped TPRS classroom with Genius Hour/20 Time. I'm happy to share my work with others and am always eager to hear your thoughts and suggestions!
No comments:
Post a Comment